Monday, March 05, 2007

Pampered Chef

I hosted a Pampered Chef party yesterday. And I'd like to post the food I served here, because I think it was more high-class than I usually do, and it was so yummy!

--home made Boursin cheese (see recipe further down in the blog, only I omitted the black olives)
--everything crackers
--home made Italian bread
--slices of yummy tomato, fresh ground sea salt, fresh sliced mozzerella w/ beautiful basil leaf on top
--bowl of cherry tomatoes (I meant to also have cucumber slices & carrots too, but the table was too small)
--baked potstickers with asian dipping sauce - see recipe further down
--surprise turtle cake (chocolate cake with chocolate, caramel and pecan topping)
--homemade Ben & Jerry's French Vanilla ice cream
--fresh brewed tea from England - Twining's "Traditional Afternoon Tea" - chilled to become iced-tea thanks to the cold weather outside, because I had no room in my fridge!
--raspberry green tea from Crystal Light

I had also planned to serve but didn't have time or room for it:
--cheese pizza rolls - organic - from Annie's
--Apple Scrapple bread from Herndon's "Great Harvest Bread Company"
--egg rolls from Annie's - also organic

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Jodi, I have been searching for the Turtle cake recipie that is made in the Torte pans from Pampered Chef. Would you be able to help me ???
Thanks Pam

Jodi C. said...

The closest thing I have is this e-mail from my P.C. consultant:

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake

1 package (18.25 ounces) devils food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 tablespoon butter and margarine
4 square (1 ounce each) semi-sweet chocolate for baking, coarsely chopped
1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
½ cup chopped pecans
Vanilla ice cream or cool whip

-------------------------------------------

If you need me to get the recipe from her, let me know. This is made in the skillet - not the torte pans.