Tuesday, March 20, 2007

French Country Cassoulet

Ingredients:

I use leftover cooked chicken (about 1 cup) from something else that i have
made--like grilled chicken, a roasted chicken bought at the store, etc.

1 cup of cooked ground breakfast sausage

I can white beans drained

small onion chopped (or 1/2 cup -2/3 cup frozen chopped)

1 can tomatoes - do not drain (I use the one with green chilies)

A couple of chopped cloves of garlic

2 - 3 tsp. Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning (this is a very important
ingredient--really gives it flavor.) You have to play around with amount on
this--more makes it spicier.

Directions:

Layer it all in a casserole dish (I use a covered 8 inch square ceramic one)
in the order above and bake for about 30 minutes at around 375. It should
be bubbly all over. I have done this many times--but I don't measure
ingredients, so if it doesn't turn out let me know and I will try to be more
careful about measuring next time I make it and let you know.

--Courtesy of Debra Woodward

No comments: