Monday, November 30, 2009

it's Christmas Cookie Season!!


It's Christmas cookie season!!

2 years ago, I promised to post all my Christmas cookie recipes on here. That was in November, 2007. (See post below - I've re-dated it to November, 2009. It's the one called "Ginger Creams.") I never did post more than that one recipe.

Well, tonight I've finally gotten around to posting a bunch of my recipes. These are not all that I have, reference or use.... but they are my favorites, or my family's favorites from over the years.

Well, my favorites are really these:

Chow Mein Noodle Candy, Cathedral Windows, Ginger Creams, Choco-Mint Fudge, and the green ones (which I only make because they are SO Christmassy.)

All other recipes I sort of rotate due to my schedule & preference that season... for my own variety & use.

I'm so excited to finally have these on here!!

You can thank my sister-in-law, Deb, if you see her. She complimented my Christmas cookies that I made (the green ones & the Chow Mein Noodle candy - they are all I could do the week before Thanksgiving... and fit into the tiny tins I bought....). I promised her recipes, and I thought "let's put them on the blog!!!"

Long live Christmas Cookie Season!!!

Please find on this blog the reason why my family (which is not German) has a long-standing tradition of Christmas Cookie baking season. It's basically a story of love between my grandparents.

PS: You can tell which recipes I use most / which are the REAL Christmas cookies that I make - based on the fact that I have made them have colors. Primarily red & green, but also with dark blue & purple for comments & such. Any other Christmas like recipes I've found more recently are on here too - but haven't entered my home as "tradition" yet. Maybe at some point.

No comments: