Sunday, December 10, 2006

Eggnog Punch

1 3/4 - 2 quarts French vanilla or cinnamon ice cream
2 quarts dairy eggnog or canned eggnog - chilled (8 cups)
1 liter cream soda - chilled
Peppermint sticks, cinnamon sticks or candy canes (all are optional garnishes)

Place ice cream in an extra large punch bowl. Add 1/2 egg nog. Stir and mash mixture using a potato masher until ice cream is melted and it's well-combined. Stir in remaining egg nog. Slowly pour in cream soda, stir and combine.

To each glass, add a garnish (above). Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. (about 1/8 teaspoon per serving.)

Makes about 24 (6 oz) servings.

------------------

I got this recipe from a Home and Garden, Dec, 2006 magazine while I sat in a salon today getting a pedicure. :)

------------------

I made this for a church party in the punch bowl. I should have taken a funnel with me - I had a ton of punch left over & had to call my husband to bring a funnel. The people who actually tried it enjoyed it. Most folks didn't try it though - they had a pre-determined aversion to egg nog.

------------------

I made my cinnamon ice cream from scratch because I didn't want to bother searching for it in the grocery stores. I used a recipe from Megnut.com -- will post that in a seperate place on this blog.

No comments: