Thursday, December 31, 2009

Collard Greens

Recipe courtesy of flylady.net

I do not cook my like my granny used too. I saute mine.

You will need an iron skillet and a lid for this one. LOL they do not taste right otherwise.

1-2 bunches of Collard greens (cut out he tough stems, lay flat and cut a whole stack into one inch squares.)

1 small package of peppered side meat.(you can use bacon if needed) Cut into little pieces before you fry it crisp. Drain the grease and add a good olive oil.

Now add your cut up collard greens. Stir-fry until they start to get dark green. Then add about 1/4 cup of water, white wine or some of broth. Put the lid on and steam for around 10 minutes on a medium heat. Stir after 5 minutes.

Cooked like this you still have all the vitamins and minerals left. Taste yummy. You can use spinach too. You can even use frozen leaf spinach. If I use spinach I add some minced
garlic to the olive oil.

No comments: