Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Flying Fruit Cobbler

Here is my recipe for FLYing Fruit Cobbler. Tonight I am using a bag of frozen blackberries and blue berries; about 8 cups and I sweetened them with about 1/2 cup of sugar.

FLYing Fruit Cobbler

I really don't have a recipe. I throw it together. LOL I hope this makes sense. Edit as you see fit.

It is a proportional recipe. I use 1 cup as my guide for this.

* 1 part self-rising flour
* 1/2 part Sugar
* Stir together
* Add one egg
* Grate some fresh nutmeg in the bowl (1/2 teaspoon)
* and add enough syrup from the peaches or other fruit to make the
batter like pancake batter. Or if you don't have syrup you can use milk.

A big can of sliced peaches (29ounces) in heavy syrup. I drain and use
some of the syrup for the batter. You can use milk too. I use one big
can for each cup of flour. For the cobbler yesterday I used two cans.
I have also used frozen fruit with sugar put on it to make a little syrup.

Melt a stick of butter or a 1/2 of stick (about a 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup)
in a 2 quart casserole dish and pour in the batter then dump the
peaches or other fruit in it. The butter needs to be hot when you pour
this in so the cobbler won't stick.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-34 minutes. or until golden brown on top.

I use a cast iron dutch oven for my cobbler when I make a big one. The
scoop in my flour jar is one cup. So I use about 2 cups of Flour to 1
cup of sugar. For every cup of flour I use one egg. This served about
10 people. Serve with ice cream. Yum Yum! ~And have some friends over.

--FlyLady (Marla Cilley)

No comments: